1. “Common sense isn’t that common.”
2. “People can be rude, crude, and, ignorant.”
And, wouldn’t you know it, the old man was right! Again…
And some people just need to learn to keep their mouths shut…
What’s the most messed-up thing that someone ever said to you?
Here’s what AskReddit users had to say.
1. From your own family…“”You’re not worth marrying, no girl’s gonna go for you.”
You’d expect it to come from a stranger, not your own family.
It just allowed me to stay more distant from them over the years.”
2. Not cool.“My ex-boss would parade her dog around the office, despite the rules against pets on the property.
One day, she approached me with her dog and said I was to avoid her office so she can finish her work. Otherwise her dog will get me because he’s “vicious towards blacks.”
Then she laughed and walked away.”
3. Mom.“”I love your brother more than you”.
My own mom trying to justify why I was treated like s**t and why my older brother got away with things.”
4. Are you over it yet?-“My ex finished our relationship after 15 yrs. To me it was out of the blue.
5 days later my best friend told me that “you should be over it by now” as I’m sobbing my heart out to her.To her I should have been able to mourn and grieve my 15 year relationship in just 5 days!! Turns out he was cheating on me with her.”
5. Charming.–“”I hope you aren’t married or have kids, because you are a terrible person nobody should put up with”.
I refused to cancel an $8 fine she had.Yay. Customer service.”
6. Ugh.-“My aunt d**d in a house fire and she was Pagan.
One of my mom’s very religious co-workers said “it’s ironic how she d**d because she probably burning in hell right now”.”
7. Failure.-“In 5th grade I was sick and didn’t go to school for 3 months.
When I came back the class was dissapointed that I recovered and for the rest of the year non of them helped me catch up with homework, tests, projects… and when I managed to pass they told me ” Too bad, we planed not to help you so you could fail 5th grade””
8. Cursed.-““You’re a curse”
My mom when got into heated arguments from ages 9-17.”
9. No future.-“My mom had me before she turned 17. When we were having a very heated argument when I was 14 she said, “you ruined my chances at a future.”
Been dealing with depression and other mental health issues for over 20 years now. You should see my doctors’ faces when I share that one.”
10. Hurtful.-“Grown woman, knows I am my children’s full time caregiver, looks me right in the eyes and says, “I think full time dads are creepy.” Hurtful, disrespectful and s**ist, all at the same time.”
11. Pretty bad.-“You finally got a live one!
Said to me by my husband’s grandfather upon meeting our newborn.
We had 5 miscarriages before having her.”
12. Never be good enough.-“”You’ll never be good enough for anyone.”
Maybe it doesn’t sound as bad as others, but it gets in my head and messed up my life.I found myself blaming myself for every little mistake, apologising when I did nothing wrong and even trying too hard to be good enough for others.”
13. Gee, thanks.–“”You’re going to live alone eating cat food you piece of s**t.”
Ok, Dad. I get that you had issues with your older brothers’ mental break and didn’t want kids and my Mom was a lot, but c’mon…”
14. Ouch.-“After I found out that my ex had stopped talking to me so it could start dating someone new, he said “You were a good stepping stone to a real relationship.””
What’s the most messed-up thing someone ever said to you?
Talk to us in the comments and let us know.